1 Port RS232 Native ExpressCard Serial Adapter, low latency, memory mapped XC-235
- 1 Port RS-232 ExpressCard
- ExpressCard (PCIe) Technology: Absolute compatibility with classic desktop serial COM ports
- Guaranteed low latency, memory mapped, no compromise high performance interface
- Data rate from 110 to 921,600 baud
- Fits in any 34mm or 54mm ExpressCard slot
- Lifetime Warranty and Support
- XC-235-datasheet (0.85 MB)
ExpressCard providing one port RS232 where absolute compatibility with classic desktop serial COM ports is a necessity. ExpressCard is 34mm wide and fits 34mm or 54mm slots. Guaranteed low latency, memory mapped, no compromise high performance interface. Data transfer rates up to 921,600 baud rates and the 128 byte deep transmit and 128 byte receive FIFOS, coupled with 1Mbit/s line drivers deliver uncompromising performance on your laptop. Drivers for Windows 32 bit and 64 bit Operating Systems including Windows XP, Server 2003, Vista, Server 2008, Windows 7 and Windows 8.
We use these [Brainboxes Serial] adapters in our company (industrial automation, lots of serial stuff); they work as a regular COM port, we've never had any issues with them.user: donny007x, Reddit.com
|Connector||DB9 Connector - 9 Pin Male|
|Tx FIFO Size||128|
|Rx FIFO Size||128|
|Operating Distance||EIA - RS232 Standard|
|Cable||25 Pin D-sub female|
|Serial Port Settings|
|Max Baud Rate||921,600|
|Data Bits||5,6,7 or 8|
|Parity||Odd, Even, None, Mark or Space|
|Stop Bits||1 or 2|
|Flow Control||RTS/CTS, DSR/DTR, XON/XOFF|
|Tx/Rx Modes||Point to Point|
|ExpressCard Width||34mm (fits both 34mm and 54mm ExpressCard slots)|
|Power Consumption||380mA @ 3.3V|
|Product Weight||0.035 kg|
|Product Dimensions||101(l) x 38(w) x 20(h) mm|
|Packaged Weight||0.128 kg|
|Packaged Dimensions||160(l) x 135(w) x 45(h) mm|
|Operating System Compatibility|
|ExpressCard PCIe Implementation||ExpressCard PCIe Implementation. Unlike the VX range which uses USB technology over ExpressCard, this uses PCI Express technology over ExpressCard. All Brainboxes XC cards are PCI Express Base Specification 1.1 Compliant.|
Typical Product Applications
- To provide a IBM PC serial port, using MS-DOS.
- Configure all of our switches and routers via serial
- Communication with Siemens Micromaster.
- To connect RS232 devices to laptop
- Serial Communication with Industrial PLC and RTU Controller
- For a portable computer witch don't get RS232 entry.
- To communicate With PBX's and switches With com port connections
- In industrial process control and embedded electronics
- Developing serial communication software on laptop computer which requires correct timing and low latency.